A few other announcements that have come out over the past couple of days:
- Jonothan Roberts will not be back to compete this season. He says he may be on some of the performance shows.
- Lacey Schwimmer will not be back. Aww shucks and darn. (Mrs. Angrybell will do a little happy dance to celebrate this I think).
- It looks like Cheryl Burke, Derek Hough, Edyta Sliwinska, Mark Ballas, and Chelsie Hightower will be back.
- Tony Dovolani and Anna Trebuskya look like they are on board for this season, but they aren't saying directly that they are yet.
- Louis Van Amstel said he was going to be back, then reversed it with a cryptic message. So he might be in, and he might not be. I guess it all depends on the height of the celebrity that they find for the show.
- Samantha Harris is no more, alas alack. It looks like Melissa Ryecroft will be taking her place. I'm not sure I can handle that much perky. I hope Tom Bergeron can.
- There will be at least, if the reports are correct, one new professional: Damian Whitehood. He has been on Broadway, but that's all I know of him so far.
Another rumored contestant for this season is Greg Louganis.
According to reports, there will only be 12 couples this season. This is probably a good thing, since the cast size was getting out of control. The question is, who will be the final professional that they bring in.