Wednesday, March 14, 2007

So Frakking Frustrated

So one of the things I am working on is the estate of a relative who died last year. He was a nice man. He donated to alot of good causes. He was a teacher who specialized in helping foreign students adjust to life in the United States.

He lived a good life.

However, he wrote an exceptionally bad will.

Too bad the same cannot be said for the pack of people who, in my opinion, are nothing more than sniveling and whiny vultures who care more about the value of his estate and their share than in making sure that the things which were important to him were taken care of. I'm sure that, if it had been left up to them, they would have put his dogs to sleep rather than pay the kennel costs.

They did not earn the money. They felt that their annual trip out to California to eat a dinner or two with him means that they are entitled to it all. Legally they are, but ethically, I would think that the clear wishes should trump their avarice. I heard how bad they acted when the matriarch of their clan died a few years ago. They actions thus far in this case do them little credit.

If I act like when relatives in my family die, I hope my surviving relatives have the good sense to shoot me.

No comments: