Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Starting Again

So for the past eleven months, I have been out of commission with this nagging pain in my leg that prevents me from running or biking for more than 10 minutes. Consequently, I have put on a lot of weight, lost a ton of muscle and generally what I used to call, back in my lightweight rowing days, a "Fat B*st*rd". (Actually I remember my entire senior year crew swearing that after our last race we would all become that... just took me longer to make good the promise.)

As of today, I am 231.5. My waistband has expanded, in the past year, from a 34 or 36 (depending on the clothing manufacturer) to a 40.

In about a week, I will hopefully, thanks to my new medical insurance, be starting some physical therapy. In the mean time, I guess its back to the pool.

No comments: