Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So I'm Not Sure This Should Be The Top Six

Over at Scifi.com (the SciFi Network's website) I found a poll for the top Star Wars scenes from the original trilogy.

While I agree with theses Obi-Wan's duel with Vader (from the A New Hope), the "I am your father" scene (from Empire Strikes Back), and Han and Leia finally saying I love on Endor (in Return of the Jedi), I have series problems with the other three. I mean, yes, it is the scene that always gets played as a trailer, but the swinging across the chasm of the original Death Star to me is not anywhere near the top of the list. Likewise, the chase on the speeder bikes through the forests of Endor is a good chase, it has not held up as well as other bits of the trilogy.

I would have rather seen the scene from Empire where Han is about to enter the asteroid field barkin at C3P0, "Never tell me the odds." I would also have put the scene with Jaba the Hutt telling Skywalker that his Jedi mind tricks would not work on him. For the third replacement scene, why not the scene in the Death Star where Luke is tempting Han into saving Princess Leia and ending with the line "lock the door... and hope they don't have blaster scene".

Those are my thoughts.

No comments: