Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Careful what you wish for....

I've said that a hundred times. Of course, then I went and wished for it.

Ever heard about those nasty family law divorce and cusotdy disputes that drag on forever? Well, if you have not, then I suggest you pop on over and read about the case of Jacqueline Anom and John Ofori-Tenkorang.

Now cases like these are not restricted to family law alone. However, I got off of a conference call which had been proposed by one of the parties in a case that I am involved in. The party proposing the call wanted to try and work everything out so that we could avoid a hearing tomorrow. Unfortunately, it appears that their version of working things out is asking for a surrender.

Now my client in this matter is already feeling extremely put upon. And my client, after hearing the proposal made by the convening party is digging in his heels. Hard.

And suddently my office is starting to feel alot like the Red October steel factory.

No comments: