Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Things I Am Never Doing Again

Allowing a client to go line by line through a motion I have drafted as a trial brief. I cannot believe I allowed myself to get sucked into that. They kept questioning every tactical decision made in the brief forcing me to explain, multiple times, the purpose of the motion and the underlying law which dictates why certain things are written in certain ways.

So not only did I get to spend last night writing the thing, I got to miss my yoga class tongith.

Argh.

I understand that clients have to have some say over the work, but they wanted to correct the freaking grammer... when sometimes the bad grammar is caused by the old legal terms of art.

Ugh.

So that is an hour and a half. I feel guilty about it, but I am going to have to bill them for this. And I hate billing for things when I do not feel that they have advanced my representation of the client.

Yes, perhaps I am ill. I do not like running up the client's bill.

No comments: