Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Gaming the System/Abusing The System

Well, there is a reason why there is a push to "reform" our civil justice system.

Did someone forget their ethics?

Anyways, read the story here.

In my previous incarnation as a defender of insurance companies' monies, I routinely faced one of the firms in the article. I was always left with the impression that they were somehow... no better than the firm I was a part of (and if you want my opinion about them, you will have to ask me in person).

Fortunately the plaintiffs attorneys that I interact with now are more interested in representing people with actual cases, instead of double dipping mentioned in the article.

Anyway, if you want to read about my thoughts on the mess that asbestos litigation has become, that posting can be found here.

No comments: