Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Its Such A Nice View of the Volga Tonight

So I have come to a realization tonight about the case I am working on. I'm in a Stalingrad case. Every single thing is being contested. Everything. Simple requests for production have turned into protracted discovery disputes. At this point, I'm pretty sure that if I asked for judicial notice that the sun rises in the east, opposing counsel would put up an expert to say that the sun in fact rises in the south-west.

The parties are pouring money into this like its capital case where the loser gets the death penalty. The realty is far more different. It's become grudge match between these two parties. And what's worse, I get the sinking feeling that the opposing counsel is losing perspective and effectively "going native" on this one.

Alright, now I just need to figure out if I'm with Von Paulus or Zukhov.

No comments: