Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It was bound to happen.

With 42 million devices sold, you know that someone had to drop in on Appel's party and sue them for something. Its schaudefreude (which I am hopefully spelling correctly).

The party crasher in this case is claiming that the iPod, in all its forms, causes hearing loss. So is this going to be another McDonald's coffee case?

Normally I come down against most of the tort reform rhetoric. One of the few things which I do happen to agree with, when it comes to so-called "tort reform", is that the courts have been a little loose, based on my prior experience in toxic torts, as to what constitutes an injury. If this is just a fear of losing hearing, I hope this case gets tossed. If there is some actual impairment... that would be something else.

Have to see what comes of this one.

1 comment:

The Namby Pamby said...

If I were the judge, I would just turn up my iPod a little louder to drown out the plaintiff's counsel's droning...