Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Munich

So the other night, my girlfriend and I went to the movies and saw Munich. I had some problems with the movie, and was especially uncomfortable during one part where we meet Avner's mother. I'm not sure if the audience is being manipulated to feel (not in a bad way) that way, which I presume is much what Steven Spielberg is trying for, the that Avner must feel after what he has been through.

And tonight, while on a break from drafting responses to interrogatories (one more set to go), I found this editorial over on the Wall Street Journal's opinionjournal.com. I do not agree with all of it, because I basically disagree with the idea that Mr. Spielberg's film is trying to show anything other than the effect of killing on a modern person from a Western-style culture. Yet, I still find it a good read in the aftermath of that movie. Anyways, here it is. Enjoy.

No comments: