Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Update on the Training

So if anyone was curious, I am still training for my first Ironman distance triathlon. However, the problem has been this nagging pain in my left leg for the past two weeks. All I know for certain is that it is not a recurrence of my ITB issue (I wish it were that simple).

Even with the pain, I managed to complete the Danville Double on Sunday. That was an 80 minute spin on the trainer in the parking lot, followed by a 40 minute run out and back. After the run, we hopped back on our bikes for what was supposed to be a 29 mile ride at an average rate of 15 miles per hour (I was 14.7mph, but that was due to the fact that I got lost on the way back and took a wrong turn and was wandering about for a bit trying to get my bearings.) Then, after the bike was done, it was time for another 40 minute run. By the time I was done with the bike, I was only able to walk because my leg was just not cooperating.

After chatting with the coach and unnofficial team PT, I was put on a restricted sort of schedule while I await the visit to the doctor next week (earliest I could get the appointment) to see what really is the problem with the leg. If it is one thing, then I should be able to go on. On the other hand, the PT thought there was a possiblity it could be the beginning of a more serious problem.

So why am I doing this to myself? Well, if you click the on the link on the side reads "Help Fight Cancer", you will see that this is for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This would be my fourth triathlon with them raising money to help eliminate blood cancers (which would be a very good thing.). So if you have the inclination... please help out and donate.

No comments: