Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Getting a Door for To Hang My Shingle Over

Maybe I just look at the numbers too much, but it seems like each time I look, my start up funds keep dwindling.

Part of that, of course, is because of the layout I did on my virtual office. After looking around and determining that at least in the begining I could not afford a real office, either my own or rented from another firm. So I signed up with a virtual office provider and gave them my money. Of course, it is just a little while later that a friend of mine puts me in touch with his landlord, who as it happens has a very reasonably priced office space to rent. A visit to the office, a meeting with the potential landlord and after looking at comparables in the area, it appears to be the best deal going for someone like me.

So as soon as I get the landlord back on the phone, more funds will be flowing out. I need to get some clients to balance this.

I just have to remember, there is work out there to be done. It will come as long as I do the little things to get the work in my door. And one of those things is getting the door.

No comments: