Monday, January 02, 2006

Triathlon

So as you may have guessed from that little blurb under the title of this blog, I am preparing for an Ironman length triathlon. Right now, I am signed up to do IronMan Canada, in Penticton, Canada. I am doing it as part of the San Francisco chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training.

I'll be posint a bit about my training when I get the chance. for the past three weeks, I've been too sick to train so now I'm huffing and puffing going up the stairs at my building.

That is not a reassuring sign.

Fortunately, I have finally recovered from whatever bug had me laid low and have started to train again.

So what alot of people ask me when they hear about what I plan on doing is: why?

The simple answer is: why not. But, that's not the best answer. The real answer, I suppose, is that its an incredible test, both mental and physical. I'm also doing it to help raise money to help end blood cancers. If you would like to find out more about this, or to donate, follow this link: http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/tntgsfWShapir1

And have a happy new year.

No comments: